Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Where is my Ghostbusters Firehouse!?!?!?!

So, I was going to save this, but, I couldn't help myself. My legendary rant of not getting a Ghostbusters Firehouse for Christmas when I was 4.

It was 1989. Christmas was coming. I couldn't wait. For weeks and weeks my parents had asked me what I wanted. They even took me to Santa, the one man in the world who would do it for me. He wouldn't disappoint me. Never. He had ALWAYS brought me good stuff in the past.

I was 4 years old. Gone were the easy years for my parents. Instead of just getting me whatever action figures they saw fit, and me being happy, they had asked me what I wanted. It was my call this year.

At the time I lived in a small town that didn't have many shopping options. There was Wal-Mart, and Pamida. That was it. No mall, no Target, no Toys R Us, nothing.

A couple months before that, we had gone to the big town. We were shopping in the toy aisles of Target, and my mission was to pick out a toy I wanted. As we turned the corner to the action figures, there it was on an endcap.

The Ghostbusters Firehouse playset.

I begged, I whined, I screamed, but no. Not today they said. So I ended up settling on a Power Pack Heroes Louis Tully figure.

But as the approach to Christmas grew, I knew this was my shot.

Christmas morning had arrived. I rushed out of the bedroom. Santa had come!

In my stocking was a Real Ghostbusters video tape.

I got some Lego's, Mario pajamas, a Ninja Turtle vehicle, a Ninja Turtle Shooting Gallery and some other stuff I don't remember.

After it was all opened, came the question, "Where is my Ghostbusters Firehouse????"

The response was "I guess Santa ran out"

Ran out?? How the fuck does Santa the one guy who has every freakin toy known to man just "RUN OUT???"

Well, after that disappointment was over, I did eventually get a Ghostbusters Firehouse. I still have one to this day, as well as the Ninja Turtle Vehicle and Shooting Gallery.

But Santa, you let me down, and I'll never forgive you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment