Total Pageviews

Monday, October 1, 2012

MMPR The Movie McDonalds toys

Back in 1995 when Mighty Morphin Power Rangers The Movie was released, McDonald's gave us yet another reason to scream our heads off at our parents until they took us there. But this time, it wasn't just to gorge ourselves with awesome food, it was a more urgent reason.

The Power Rangers had arrived.

For just $1.99 with the purchase of any large sandwich or Happy Meal you could get 1 of 6 Power Rangers Figure and Zord toys. They were all there, White, Red, Black, Blue, Pink, and Yellow.

I'm lucky enough to have a partial set of these. I do still run across them from time to time, I even have the White and Yellow Rangers in their package.



 Unfortunately, there are still some I need. I need the Blue Ranger and Wolf Zord, and I need figures only of the Red, and Black Rangers. If you have them, please send my way!

Anyways, these were actually really cool toys. The figures themselves were about 3 3/4" tall, and each fit into their respective zords.

And lets not forget the Happy Meal toys.

Yes, I had to "borrow" this picture from Ebay since I spent over 32 seconds trying to find one with no luck.

First we have the Communicator (I SOO NEED ONE OF THESE. ONCE AGAIN SEND IT MY WAY!!) which when flipped open shows a picture of Zordon.

Next we have the Power Morpher, complete with 3 double sided Power Coins that display each rangers animal.

The Power Siren was a weird toy. Nothing that was ever used in the movie or tv show. Basically you blew into it and it made a whistling noise to annoy the hell out of everybody.

Lastly we have the Alien Detector. Once again nothing used in the movie. But you had a knob on the side that when you scroll through showed pictures of Ivan Ooze, Lord Zedd, and Rita.

The first of many Power Rangers tie ins with McDonald's. After all these years, I still need a few of these, but luckily run across them from time to time.

DID YOU KNOW?? We are on Facebook., Just search Camp Anawanna.

No comments:

Post a Comment