Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Where do you find all this crap??

A lot of people ask me where I find all of the stuff in my collection. How in the hell do I fill an entire roon full of stuff from our childhood that has other people wanting to come over with their wallets open?

It's simple. SHOP SHOP SHOP.

Every morning before I leave the house, I check Craigslist. First and most importantly, I always type in Ghostbusters, then it goes to Star Wars, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc.

9 times out of 10 there are no postings, so then I look under Garage Sales and see which ones might have toys listed. When I get time, or am not at work, I hit those up.

When there are no garage sales, or I'm done with those for whatever day it is, that's when I go to thrift stores. The town I live in has about 10 thrift stores to raid. Usually I find something good at one.

Also go to antique malls and flea markets. While sometimes things are more expensive than they would be at a garage sale or thrift store, sometimes they aren't. Just the other day I got a whole set of unopened Power Rangers from McDonalds at an atique mall for 5 bucks. I also scored a 4th Ecto-1 for 5 bucks.

If all else fails, start hitting up your friends. I've always found that anybody the same age as me still has their junk sitting in their parents basement that they will sell to you.

The trick is not to just do this once in a while, but every day. Places like thrift stores add new items multiple times a day every day.

If you have some cool finds of you own, feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment