Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The foods of the 90's that we wish we still had

For me, when I think back to my childhood and growing up in the 1990's, there is a myriad of things I wish were still produced. In fact, just yesterday I wrote a post about Hidden Treasures Cereal, which you can view just down below.

I've attempted here to go way way back in my memory bank (which was harmfully clogged with crap I had to learn in school) to find some of the things that I think we all wish we still had.

This post is the first of what will be an ongoing journal of 90's foods. If there is any you'd like to see covered, all you have to do is comment here or on our Facebook page.

SURGE!

If ever there was a drink that was the equivalent of beer to a 5th grader, it was Surge. I can remember people freaking out about how bad it was, or how it could kill you. Then again, living where I do, most people are so dense it's scary.

I can remember when this came out. I would go to my Grandma's every weekend. Every Saturday we went on our usual run to the grocery store, and then McDonald's. Every Saturday I made sure I picked up either a 6-pack or 2 liter all for myself.

Sadly Surge was discontiniued in 2002, and a few years later the Coca Cola company gave us Vault, which was not at all the same.

Seeing this old can inspired me to look on ebay to see if I could find one for my collection of nostalgia. Sadly, while there is a few listed, they are going for very very hefty prices of nearly $100. Hopefully one day I can come across one.

No comments:

Post a Comment